Creativity takes courage
You already have both within you, and tapping into them will open up ways to express your unique and amazing self for the world to see.
I want to offer you a safe space, and freedom, to explore your creative instincts and see what they uncover for you.
Creativity isn't a one size fits all solution
But there are infinite possibilities - and when you find the unique combination that works for you, that's when the magic happens.
I'm not an expert in all things, and there are plenty of things I haven't tried, or have little aptitude for, but I still believe I can be there with you as you explore for yourself and find the path towards healing parts of your journey with creativity.
- I know that there are no wrong answers when it comes to creativity - every person is unique and can find ways to express themselves that feel good to them in the moment, even if the next day needs a different approach.
- I know that unlocking the gates for creative inspiration to flow can release so much more than just a desire to play, and can have a huge impact on our physical, mental and emotional wellbeing, and our sense of Self.
- I also know that I want to help, support and encourage more people like you to make the most of your creativity and understand how it can help you in every aspect of your life.
I offer a range of coaching and mentoring packages, starting from just £57 for a one hour Creative Discovery session to chat about what creativity means to you and how you can work with it in your life, or longer term support that offers you the opportunity to dig deeper into your creative heart, to hear what those impulses are trying to tell you, to work through some of the fears or doubts that might be blocking you from taking the first creative step, and to find the confidence to just give it a go.
I'm here to walk alongside you as you explore how you want to personally define creativity, and as you unravel some of the stories you've been told, or have told yourself, about what it means to be creative in your life.
The beauty of creativity is that is can be anything you want it to be, you can express yourself in any way that feels right, whether they are small, everyday moments, or big passion projects.
- Perhaps you're stuck for where to start with a particular activity, hobby, or a new creative area of your business.
- Maybe you're looking to introduce simple creative practices into your daily routine.
- Perhaps there's something bigger you want to tackle, and you need some help finding the confidence to believe in your choices.
- Maybe you've lost touch with your creativity, as I did, and need a hand to hold as you gradually regain your courage and your sense of creative identity.
Whatever you want support with, questions you need help answering, guidance or encouragement you need to nudge you forward, I can be here to help.
Creativity coaching could be for you if:
- You don't think you're creative but wish you were.
- You think creativity is something only other people have.
- Creativity feels confined to one area of your life, but you'd like to expand it to others.
- You want to find different ways to express yourself.
- You're looking for help to find ways of being creative that work for you and your lifestyle.
- You need a guide and cheerleader to listen to your ideas and encourage you.
My own journey with creativity has been a long and winding one, but it has helped me gain experience in a variety of fields, and I'll always be an eternal student of the school of life. That's why I know I can walk with you for at least a few steps along your own path - because I'm always curious, always questioning, simultaneously seeking out the tiny details while standing back to see the bigger picture.
I want to help you cultivate the same open mind and wide-eyed enthusiasm that has seen me work for big corporations and small high street shops, go back to university as an adult, join evening classes, travel solo, teach myself new things and learn from others, start my own business, and build friendships around the world. And although at times it felt hugely difficult, looking back I can appreciate the lessons of getting to know myself, and absorbing and integrating every experience into who I am, so that today I can't call my life anything but creative.
If you'd like to read more about how I personally define creativity, you might like to take a look at this blog post.
Creativity mentoring with me can:
- Help you clarify your own personal definition of creativity, and what you want it to look and feel like in your life.
- Help you become more aware of the creative choices you make.
- Assist you in developing tools for mindfully recognising and savouring everyday creative moments (my favourite kind!)
- Guide you in feeling more comfortable and confident to be curious, to explore and experiment, to release perfectionism, and to be OK with changing your mind.
- Help you claim your creative identity and live a holistically creative life.
I hope this will be just the beginning of a creative journey for you, and I'll be honoured to take the first step with you. It might be that this is all the guidance you need to set you on your way, or maybe you're looking for longer term support - in which case we can discuss this and come up with a personalised plan together.
Before your first session I'll send you a brief questionnaire to get you thinking about what creativity means to you right now, and to narrow down any areas you'd like to focus on.
A single session to kickstart your creative journey and help you examine your thoughts and feelings about a personal definition of creativity, including finding easy, everyday things to try.
60 minutes, via Skype, phone, or in person.
Four sessions over six weeks to dig deeper into recognising creativity in your everyday life, identifying ways to express your creative self, and becoming mindful of everyday creative moments so that they become an integrated part of your life.
4 x 60 minutes, via Skype, phone, or in person, plus email support between sessions.
Creative Project INtensive
Weekly calls to support you in beginning and making solid progress with a particular project. This could be a desire to learn something new, or revisiting an abandoned hobby. Together we'll figure out where you need to look and what you need to do to to create something tangible in just a few weeks.
1 x 60 mins, then 3 x 30 mins over four weeks, via Skype or phone, plus email support.
Eight sessions over 12 weeks to really cement creativity into who you are and how you live your life. Tools and strategies for recognising what feels like a creative act, getting more comfortable and confident with expressing yourself in different ways, and tackling the times when it feels hard or overwhelming.
8 x 60 mins, via Skype, phone or in person, plus email support between sessions.
If this sounds like something you've been looking for, please contact me via the button below and let me know what you'd like my support with. Remember, there is no one size fits all, so I'll work with you to figure out what approach will suit you personally, and to give you unique guidance for your individual path.